Thermal insulation. Never heard of it? But you probably heard about energy savings, right? Well they are actually connected to each other.
Every business has reasons to become more efficient in their energy consumption. Energy cost in the Philippines is one of the highest in the region and new taxes is being implemented causing more headaches to business owners.
So, you changed your light bulbs and lower the thermostat of your air condition which was enough for a long time. But the continuous rise in energy cost should put emphasis on finding more ways to lower down your electric bills.
There is one obvious problem that most business owners fail to address: heat caused by solar energy or sunlight. This is made up of 3% UV light, 43% visible light and 54% Infrared Light. 75 – 90% of building heat buildup is coming from the roof and up to 70% of energy usage is for cooling (AC) equipment.
This causes uncomfortable room, high utility bill associated with air conditioning, high AC unit maintenance cost, peeled or faded paint, paint cracks due to thermal shock resulting to water leaks and eventually corrosion. All of these can be addressed by a proper thermal roof insulation.
Here are the top 5 reasons why businesses should use roof thermal insulation:
- Increase comfort – by keeping the building cooler during hot summer months.
- Save energy – it strongly reflects sunlight and also cools itself by efficiently emitting radiation to its surroundings. It literally stays cooler and reduces the amount of heat conducted to the building below. With the air condition off, it keeps the building in a constant temperature, while the equipment does not have to work as hard when it is on.
- Prevents corrosion – it lowers roof maintenance costs and extend roof life, avoiding reroofing costs and reducing solid waste. When applied on rusty surfaces, it converts iron oxide into iron phosphate, thus preventing further rust.
- Waterproofing – it stops leak and improve the roof’s durability. Also, water harvest is not compromised when capturing drinking water because most thermal insulation coating is water-based and environmental friendly.
- Restoration – rather than replacing a perfectly sound roof that may be suffering from surface rusting, mild waterproofing concerns or simply a heavily weathered and unsightly roof, thermal insulation coating is able to successfully treat the various concerns and restore to a like new condition.
Many businesses have resolved building heat issues and have ensured they avoid many unnecessarily costs by investing in the liquid thermal insulation system. You too can benefit from this solution by taking time to weigh in the quantifiable benefits and ultimately save energy.